Hourly Adult ESL Instructor Positions
- Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP)
- Arlington Public Schools (APS)
Positions available are 4 nights a week, Monday-Thursday, from 4:15-6:30 or 6:45-9:00 pm for a total of 10 hours per week.
Applications are due by January 17, but interviews are ongoing.
The Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) of Arlington Public Schools is a dynamic, multi-faceted English as a Second Language (ESL) program for adult English language learners who live or work in Arlington, Virginia. These classes are held at Arlington Mill Community Center or Wakefield High School.
Openings for experienced, adult ESL instructors are available for:
- 10 hour/week classes offered Monday-Thursday, 4:15-6:30 or 6:45-9:00 pm
- Provide adult ESL instruction using the REEP Adult ESL Curriculum (http://www.apsva.us/reep),
- Maintain accurate student records on attendance and progress
- Attend teacher meetings and participate in staff development
- Participate in outreach efforts, program evaluation, and teacher evaluation
Preferred Qualifications for Applicants:
- Graduate degree in ESL or related field (BA or BS minimum)
- Experience teaching ESL to adult immigrants and refugees at a variety of levels
- Experience integrating technology into instruction
- Familiarity with Competency-based and Learner-Centered approaches
Employment Conditions and Benefits:
- 2019-2020 REEP hourly scale of $09 to $36.90 per hour, depending on length of service with Adult Education/APS, plus 20% planning time
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Annual salary step increases, if eligible
Please submit to email@example.com
- A letter of interest, including days and times available to teach
- A current resume
See our website (http://www.apsva.us/reep) for more details on our program and our curricula.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER