Job Title: Senior Test Automation Scrip Engineer
Job ID #: 12715
Location: Reston, VA
Career Band: BDB
PURPOSE: The associate ensures the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient, automated test plans, cases and scripts.
The Sr. TAS/E will be responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, and managing automated testing scripts; administering and managing the automated testing tools; and working with manual testing staff to extend and validate test plans, test cases, test scenarios and automated test scripts. In addition, the Sr. TAS/E must be able to communicate affectively in collaboration and providing training to manual testing and business staff.
Develop skills to review, analyze and validate manual test cases and the associated requirements that impact the business production systems. Work is reviewed for accuracy and quality performance.
- Under the direct supervision of the Lead Test Automation Architect, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define, design and maintain automation framework. Create, code and key accurate and thorough automated test plans and test cases with pre-determined results. Execute tests and review test data within specified scheduled dates. Perform peer-reviews for team’s automation work
- Analyze test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
- Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through self-learning practices, cross team collaborations, organized training opportunities such as Computer Base Training (CBT), Corporate classroom training, testing workshop, reading and research etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures. Mentoring and training junior members. Knowledge share with other teams.
- Review and analyze business & system requirements and specifications for system programs and modules.
- Coordinates with customers, the research, analysis and proposed solutions to test discrepancies and test scenarios. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer’s request and obtain information to create test data.
- Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.)
- Initiates Change Management Records (CMRs) or Care First Information Technology Tacking System (CITT) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Position has no direct reports or supervisory responsibilities for contractors, but mentoring junior staff is expected
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, etc.), or equivalent industry experience.
• 5-10 years of experience in a technical discipline, 5 of which must be in automated software testing
• Experience with test automation architectural design
• Experience creating, modifying and maintaining test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and automated test scripts
• Experience with at least 2 relational database management systems (e.g. MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle,)
• Proven experience to create, maintain and run complex database queries and store procedures
• Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall software development life cycle (SDLC) models
• Proven experience with Defect Tracking and management tools(e.g. ALM, AGM, JIRA or others)
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Services SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
• Strong background in using and managing both front-end and back-end automated testing tools (e.g., UFT, Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
• Experience in multiple environments and/or on multiple operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mainframe) and technologies (.Net, Web technologies, etc.)
• Understanding of and direct participation in the requirements management (REQM) and configuration management (CM) processes
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Should have analytical and architectural mind set for effective framework design
• Associate must be a team player, use professional judgment, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
• Individual must demonstrate initiative, work well independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
• Should be well organized and detail oriented as well as possessing good written and oral communication skill
• Experience working in the healthcare industry and familiar with EDI transactions
• Experience with HP family of products for automation, testing and defect tracking
• Experience with Selenium, Cucumber, and Business Driven Development (BDD)
Department: Test Strategy, Architecture
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
External applicants: Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Internal applicants: Please visit PeopleSoft/Employee Self Service/CareFirst Careers
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Please apply before: 09/07/2019