Job Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Operations & Training Manager, the Driver/ Courier will be responsible for the pickup and delivery of United States Postal Service mail and parcels designated for the Pentagon and Mark Center screening facilities. Following prescribed guidelines, the Driver/Courier will facilitate the accountability and timely delivery of mail and parcels for the government customer.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Operate 16’ Class 6 truck in high traffic areas in the National Capitol Region. Complete initial and annual safe driver training.
- Obey all traffic laws and operate vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform daily maintenance check on assigned vehicle and document findings on vehicle checklist. Notify supervisor of any maintenance needs.
- Adhere to prescribed driving routes. Notify supervisor of any deviation due to traffic or other delays.
- Complete daily vehicle logs (mileage, start/stop times, destinations) for review/endorsement by the Operations & Training Manager.
- Pick-up and deliver mail and parcels from the United States Postal Service office location in Washington, D.C. to the Pentagon and Mark Center in Northern Virginia.
- Follow strict pick-up and delivery times.
- Assume custody of large volumes of mail and parcels, including Certified, Priority, and Registered mail.
- Maintain 100% accountability of mail and parcels using a handheld scanning device and tracking software.
- Load and offload All-Purpose Carts laden with mail and parcel items.
- Utilize appropriate customer relations skills when interacting with USPS and government personnel.
Skills/Qualifications: Valid driver’s license and clean driving record, previous professional driving experience is preferred, excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, ability to read maps and follow GPS, basic computer knowledge.
DoD Installation Access: This position requires access to secure building and parking areas. Candidate must be able to qualify for and obtain access.
Clearance Requirements: The candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Education and Experience: Minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent, required for employment. Candidate must be able to successfully pass a background and drug screening in addition to maintain a clean driving record.
Physical requirements: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk/hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The ideal candidate must bephysically able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds, reach, stretch, bend, and sit for long periods of time
Na Ali`i Is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer