Job Title: New Business Sales Director
Job ID #: 12700
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDSC
1. NEW BUSINESS GROWTH & RESULTS:
- Develop and drive the strategy to increase diversified new business growth. Manage the new business team to prospect and identify opportunities while building and leveraging internal & external relationships.
- Achieve New Business Sales Goals
- Analyze and recommend new business opportunities to senior leadership that are consistent with strategic planning objectives. Pursue new business opportunities, both inside and outside of CareFirst’s core business capabilities, to generate additional revenue, improve core competencies and increase market dominance and brand strength.
- Cultivate a network of information sources and scan public sources of market information. Develop external relationships with brokers/consultants, other BCBS plans, accounts, customers, vendors, and industry association staff.
- Demonstrate knowledge and support across the vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Perform market research and analysis.
- Monitor external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
MARKET AND RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
- Ensures the CareFirst value propositions are clearly articulated within the consultant and broker community.
- Understand the total book of business portfolios for the broker firms to include all current clients and future opportunities. Track producer-level results and firm performance against our corporate growth objectives.
- Monitor producer book of business survey results and developing firm specific strategic roadmaps with detailed action plans to maximize relationship development.
- Collaborate with Underwriting to ensure CareFirst’s proposals are competitive; attend various meetings, events, functions, and host on-site demos for clients, etc.
- Engage and support the CareFirst New Business Team in all sales activity stages and execute account-level growth strategies necessary to secure & close new business prospects.
- Take the initiative to lead the development of consultative sales strategies that include a comprehensive business case and financial value proposition necessary to close business and increase company objectives around profitability, enrollment and market share.
- Actively participate in finalist presentations and key external sales meetings.
- Leverage superior communication skills and understanding of the multiple levels of engagement at assigned brokerages to influence outcomes, yield results, and achieve goals.
- Attend and participate in business and community activities to promote CareFirst using such events to identify potential new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Product Development to provide insight into competitive product positioning and new product development
- Engage in public speaking opportunities with volunteer organizations and relevant committees regarding public relations, marketing and development.
- SALES FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit and identify top tier sales talent
- Provide direction to all applicable staff to successfully manage and position opportunities that drive new business development.
- Coach, develop, and manage people, skills, and resources necessary to effectively lead high-performing sales team to deliver corporate business objectives.
Directly manage a geographically dispersed New Business Sales Team, as well as other sales support resources as the team grows.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years of health care or industry related sales experience with increasing levels of managerial expertise and responsibility and a track record of outstanding sales performance
- Experience developing dynamic sales growth plans
- Experience with all aspects of health insurance products and services
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Must be able to build productive relationships, effective in individual and group meetings, be skilled in conflict resolution and negotiations, and able to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Valid Health/Life License in Maryland, Virginia, and/or District of Columbia
- Willingness to travel – locally, regionally, and occasionally outside of the Baltimore/Washington DC area
- Must have highly developed analytical skills and be able to effectively communicate complex marketing and business issues to a diverse audience (both written and orally).
- Ability to assess strategic implications and develop recommendations, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously to produce insightful and reliable quantitative and qualitative analyses in a high-pressure deadline-oriented environment
- Highly developed analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize and create a cohesive picture and messages from a variety of information types and sources
Abilities & Skills:
- Deep understanding of health care marketplace dynamics and trends
- Established and advantageous relationships with a wide network of personal and industry contacts, internal & external.
- Demonstrated experience and effective use of SalesForce
- Creation and maintenance of a wide network of personal contacts both within CareFirst and in the external health care community for sources of information
- Effective use of cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and information sources as well as external vendors, suppliers and consultants
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to influence
- Advanced facilitation skills, playing a strong leadership role with both peers and senior managers
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to succinctly and effectively communicate complex issues and findings to executive and peer audiences
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Well organized with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, and work independently
- Promote flexibility and teamwork
- Advanced PC skills, including use of Microsoft Office applications
Department: Strategic Business Unit Director 2-199 New Sales
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
External applicants: Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Internal applicants: Please visit PeopleSoft/Employee Self Service/CareFirst Careers
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Please apply before: 09/04/2019