ABS Group is a global professional services company with 87 offices in 33 countries. Our Global Government division, headquartered in Arlington, VA, provides a broad array of technical and management consulting servicesto meet the needs of federal agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, the United States Coast Guard, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
This entry-level opening is for a Junior Consultant with ABS Group. The consultant will work closely on a dynamic team comprised of ABS Group employees and highly engaged client representatives to meet fast-paced project requirements and provide end-user support. Team members provide a variety of services to our clients to define and solve problems. Every day, our analysts work to inform decision makers how to best address their most complex challenges.
- Review available data, translate information requests into analysis criteria based on available data, conduct analysis using MS Excel or other tools, and correctly interpret results
- Understand risk concepts including likelihood, probability, frequency, threat, vulnerability, and consequence for terrorism and non-terrorism events
- Understand and apply performance improvement and process management concepts
- Develop conclusions and recommendations, write reports, and assist with client presentations
- Identify opportunities for enhancing service offerings within a client organization or business area and serve as a task lead for projects by managing delivery and client relationships
- Support the development of training curricula, briefs, student workbooks, and support materials
- Provide hands-on assistance and trouble-shooting support to field users of existing tools
- Perform research to support methodology, process, and model development
- Develop briefing materials and write reports to communicate concepts and analysis results to client and end users
- Be able to translate business needs and gaps into requirements documentation and initial design concepts to support software development
- Be comfortable presenting your work to a small audience (10-20 people) conveying data results or facilitating discussion to support a client decision
- Maintain a positive working environment and can-do attitude to foster productive and healthy team and client relationships
- Alert supervisor to opportunities for new work and business development
- Support the development of proposals for new and existing work
- Successful candidates shall have approximately of 2-5 years of professional experience with demonstrated analytic expertise in qualitative and/or quantitative analysis.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SECRET level clearance
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Candidates should have strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
EOE including disability/veteran.
Work Location 1525 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 625 , Arlington, VA 22209